Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
VISION AND MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To facilitate the continuous transformation of students into competent professionals and responsible citizens who apply efforts towards betterment of the society.
- Impart quality technical education using excellence in teaching-learning process and research, in the view of assimilation and dissemination of knowledge which will produce competent professionals to meet the needs of society.
- Develop talented entrepreneurs through conducive and creative environment which promotes novelty of ideas.
- Promote continuous interactions with alumni, industries, institutions and stakeholders.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSO)
- PSO1: To Create Electronics and Telecommunication engineering graduates with fundamentals of sciences, mathematics and technical expertise with an ability to outperform in professional career and/or higher education.
- PSO2: To apply the concepts of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering to design and solve complex problems in the field related to Analog and Digital electronics, embedded systems, communications, signal processing and VLSI systems using Electronics equipments and EDA tools
- PSO3: Inculcate multidisciplinary expertise along with leadership and problem solving skills for life-long learning and development.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
In July 2010, a new seed was attached to Gokhale Education Society’s R. H. Sapat. College of Engineering, Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, is now Nine years old. The department has always remained on the forefront in producing quality engineers who have brought great laurels to the institute, society and nation at large. The efforts of rich and experienced faculty bear its fruit in 2013 first time with strength of 34 students. In 2014, department extended the quality education to a next level by introducing post graduate course M.E.(Digital Systems).
The department has blend of experienced, young and dynamic staff spear headed by HoD Dr. S.P. Agnihotri. Others to name are Dr. A. P. Khedkar, Dr. A. A. Deshmukh, Dr. Nirmalya Sen, Mr. M. P. Joshi, Mrs. H. H. Kulkarni, Mrs. M. S. Deole, Mr. D. M. Raut, Mr. R. J. Shimpi, Mr. K. V. Karad, Mr. P. D. Lokhande, Mr. S. M. Rakshit, Mr. S. N. Upasani.
Workshops, In-plant Training, Industrial Visits, Live Projects, Expert Seminars, technical events, project exhibitions are the major accomplishments of the Department. Students from Department are working on projects which are Multidisciplinary base, In-house, Cross-domain, Product Development Based and industry sponsored. For the overall development of students other than academics Department is taking efforts on general mental ability development of the students which Comprises logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General aptitude, GD & PI.